4/15/2011

A Pleasant Surprise

I'm not one to toot my own horn

but....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY
to me!

Today was one of those birthdays that I will never forget.

I spent my 19th birthday in the city of Jerusalem.
Took two final exams in the morning.
Listened to 'Happy Birthday' a dozen times before 12 o'clock.
Did a little service for the people of the city.

Got out of the building after three days of studying with some of the best people I know.
Today was a day all for celebration!

The students ended the day with a trip to the Western Wall, one of my favorite places in the entire city.


Coming home to the Jerusalem Center, I went and called my Mother...
for my birthday.

Strange?

I had a pleasant surprise while I was talking to her.

My adorable niece, Mabey Ann, wished me a happy birthday over the phone.

This almost brought me to tears.
She is the cutest, blondest, and most thoughtful six year old I have ever known.

And I am proud to call her my own.


It was a wonderful way to end a spectacular day.

Thank you ALL!

1 comment: