2/05/2011

Experience is a Good Teacher

Last night I received an email from a lady proclaiming to be in the primary presidency in our branch.
Here is what it said :

Hello Sisters!
The Primary occassionally asks students to conduct sharing time.
We would like the four of you (the message was sent to four of us) to present sharing time tomorrow.
The theme for this Sabbath is: Heavenly Father has a plan for me.

My first reaction was, "You really couldn't have sent this like last week or even yesterday?"
Then I reread it and thought, "Primary? Fun!"
I love kids.
I think they're great.
But I learned that teaching them is much different than playing with them.
I read the email at about 10:30 PM after we had just finished our Friday Night Movie of Death On the Nile.

Which, by the way is an excellent movie.
I recommend it to anyone for a good mystery, murder, and a few laughs here and there.

I found the other girls that were doing the sharing time with me and we decided that we would meet in the morning one hour before church started so we could get our thoughts together.

After waking up late and being late for the meeting, of course, we gathered up our best teaching skills and headed off to the primary room to attempt teaching the busy bodied children.

Teaching is not meant for me.
I'm awful.
It was awkward.
I was awkward.

The kids just stared at us like we were speaking another language.

As bad as it might have gone though, it definitely was a good experience for me.
I now know that I am a bad teacher and should never do it again.

If they ever call me to be a teacher, whether in sunday school, primary or anything
I truly feel bad for those individuals I am teaching.

Good experience, but not meant for me.



3 comments:

  1. Try teaching gospel doctrine a group of young adults who all know lots more than you do :) P.S. I miss your beautiful face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always awkward the first few times. Practice and tips always help. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahahahahaha.


    you're a horrible stuntman.

    ReplyDelete